“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. Spring brings out the desire to let in the fresh air and roll up your sleeves so that your house looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Fort Myers to give your home a fresh start.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is the perfect time to check that all of your home’s systems are ready for the coming summer months. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in Fort Myers:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Some HVAC companies will do this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your loved ones safe by testing your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms. Put fresh batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors and windows as well as kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Repair the caulking if needed. Add window treatments, like plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency. Open up every window to ensure that they can freely move.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
The best way to make your house shine is with a deep clean. Begin by decluttering each room to open up your home. Next, clean surfaces you don’t clean weekly.These areas include ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Shine your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Wash your windows and screens to get rid of smudges and dirt. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After you’ve cleaned your house, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
A simple way to redecorate your home is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room a completely new feel. Or try shopping your house, which means switching out the items you own between rooms. Add more color with new paint, colorful accent pillows, and live plants.
If you want to completely redo a room’s design, then check out our idea gallery for ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of different styles of rooms and window treatments for any space in your home. Once you’ve chosen the style and color scheme for your room, you can look for furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
An easy update for your home is to bring in window treatments that complement yourcurrent furnishings and enhance your home. You can pick from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters as well as blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
Explore our design tips for more ways to enhance your home. And when you discover a look and window treatment that you like, give us a call at 239-208-6577 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our team of professionals will help you pick the best window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.